Saturday, January 7, 2012

Sufferin' Succotash 1/6 & 1/7

We were invited to a dear friend's for dinner last night. Her son and mine grew up together. One of those things where they practically grew up in each other's houses. HeR son now goes to school in Texas and is home on break. She is going on sabbatical to AZ for a few months. So she threw.a little dinner party for 5 of us families. Very laid back, relaxing, fun. Great way to end the week.

All of the kids on one end of the table, adults, or should I say old folks, on the other end. Looking down at the kiddie end I see my kid with a beer in hand. OK. That's something new. He wasn't driving and he is in college, and he only had one....no need to panic. If he went to college far away, I wouldn't have a clue as to all of the shenanigans going on, right?

I brought a little succotash since it was a kosher non-dairy meal and I hadn't had my beans yet. Used a jar of corn relish from one of my WICs - from her husband's garden (he made the relish). Added some black and white beans. Threw in a red bell pepper. Delish. Best part was sitting across the table from a friend's son that works with me, pointing at the dish and smiling knowingly.

When I made the succotash, I made a second batch without the corn relish, added olive oil, vinegar and frozen edamame. Ate it for lunch today.

Bean There Done That

No comments:

Post a Comment